Parents and Friends Committee
St Catherine’s Parents and Friends Committee has been established to enrich the education and learning of our children through active participation of parents and staff as partners in education.
The objectives of the Parents and Friends Committee are that it:
- Promotes the educational, cultural, spiritual and material welfare of the students;
- Recognises that every parent has the right to choose the kind of education that shall be given to his/her child;
- Exists to help the school in a number of ways and to provide for it things that the school may not be in a position to provide;
- Develops collaboration between parents and school staff;
- Promotes the principles of Catholic education;
- Fosters a distinctive Christian environment in the school; and
- Provides a medium of support, information and involvement of parents and school staff.
We have a very progressive P&F Committee. It is a dynamic and highly supportive group that works very closely with the school in identifying and supporting projects that lend themselves to the betterment of facilities and provision of experiences for all students. They help raise much needed funds for the school through various fundraising activities, whilst maintaining a strong community focus. Their work involves the pastoral care of St Catherine’s community through promoting the values of the school, welcoming and supporting new families and building networks where together we connect and support each other. They also organise social activities throughout the year, as well as coordinate programs such as School Banking, Book Club and Meal Bank.
St Catherine’s Parents & Friends play an integral role in our school community.
Meetings are held twice per school term on the third Wednesday of each month and all parents are most welcome to attend. Minutes from these meetings are published in the school newsletter.
School Advisory Council
The purpose of St Catherine's School Advisory Council is to:
- act as an advisory body to the principal on matters concerning education in the school
- act as a forum for discussion on matters concerning education in the school
- provide a link between the parish priest, principal, teachers and parishioners in relation to the provision of Catholic education in the parish community
- promote community development by fostering a strong inter-relationship between the parish and the primary school.
73 Ridgemont Drive
Berwick VIC 3806
Phone: 03 9702 1466