Commitment to Democratic Principles
St Catherine’s Catholic Primary School aims to promote lifelong learning and active participation as citizens in Australian society.
The Victorian Registration Standards require that the programs and teaching at St Catherine’s must support and promote the principles and practice of Australian democracy. St Catherine’s is committed to democratic principles of Australia including:
- the principles and practice of Australian democracy;
- the elected government;
- the rule of law;
- equal rights for all before the law;
- freedom of religion;
- freedom of speech and association; and
- the values of openness and tolerance.
The Statement of Democratic Principles is communicated to staff, students, parents and guardians and the school community. This Statement is published:
- in the Staff Handbook;
- in the Democratic Principles poster;
- on display in the school including the school's administration and all learning areas; and
- in curriculum units